This specialty focuses on the primary care of women, including prenatal care and childbirth.
• Realistic approach important to health care reform
• Woman’s Clinic 5K supports breast cancer
• Mammograms detect breast cancer
• Triathlon success: Dr. Brad Adkins uses triathlon goal to stay in shape
• NovaSure procedure offers end to heavy menstrual bleeding.
• Heavy menstrual bleeding can be controlled
• A new birth control option for women
• Dr. Tyler Swindle retires
• Clinic changes to meet women's needs
• Electronic records have many benefits
• “Your last diet” takes off inches, pounds
• Lasers clear up skin problems
• New treatments for women who miscarry
• High-resolution ultrasound helps diagnose
• Don’t wait too long to have the sexuality conversation with your young teenager
244 Coatsland Drive
Jackson, TN 38301
Brad Adkins, M.D.
Madhav Boyapati, M.D.
J. Michael Epps, M.D.
J. Paul Gray, M.D.
Andrea Harper, M.D.
Molly Rheney, M.D.
Ryan Roy, M.D.
David Soll, M.D.
The physicians at the Woman's Clinic specialize in obstetrics and gynecology, treating women of all ages. The clinic was founded in 1952 by Dr. Swan Burrus Sr. Through the years, the clinic's physicians have introduced new concepts and surgical procedures to the Jackson community. Dr. Don Lewis (who retired in July 2001) and Dr. Jimmy Webb (who retired in July 2004), for example, were the first to use epidurals during labor in the early 1970s.
Dr. Michael Epps, the senior partner at the clinic, and Dr. Molly M. Rheney now limit their practice to gynecology. Dr. J. Paul Gray, Dr. W. Brad Adkins, Dr. Madhav Boyapati, Dr. David Soll, Dr. Ryan Roy and Dr. Andrea Harper specialize in obstetrics and gynecology.
The practice is approximately 50 percent obstetrics and 50 percent gynecology, and physicians deliver approximately 80 babies per month. The clinic performs in-office LEEP and Hysteroscopy procedures. Surgery includes laser work. It was the first in the area to perform LAVH. Urogynecology procedures, bone densitometry (Dexascan) and ultrasounds are performed in the clinic by certified staff. The clinic also has a full service lab with many test results available before patients leave.
The clinic is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.