General surgeons perform a variety of surgical procedures, including treating gallbladder disease, hemorrhoids, colon problems and peripheral vascular problems; repairing hernias; placing ports for dialysis; and removing breast masses.
• Need special medical care? Most likely, you’ll find it here in Jackson
• Thyroid nodules? 50% of us have them
• Dr. Dean Currie is honored for his work advancing the treatment of breast cancer
• New office procedure treats varicose veins
• Hospital employees honor Dr. David Laird
• More people are surviving breast cancer
• Gallstone surgery much easier on the patient these days
• Robot a great tool for certain surgeries
• Jackson Surgical Associates joins Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network
Founded in the early 1950s, Jackson Surgical Associates is one of Jackson's oldest clinics. The physicians at Jackson Surgical Associates practice general surgery and frequently have introduced new and innovative surgical techniques to the Jackson community. The clinic's surgeons are Dr. Dean Currie, Dr. David Villarreal, Dr. David Laird and Dr. Daniel Day. All are board certified in general surgery and are fellows in the American College of Surgeons.
The doctors specialize in diseases of the breast, and surgery of the G.I. tract (stomach, colon, small intestine and gallbladder), vascular system, endocrine organs (thyroid and parathyroid), and many other diseases.
Jackson Surgical Associates is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Clinic doctors also see patients and perform surgery at other area hospitals, including Brownsville and Parsons.